Friday, October 30, 2015

Halloween

...the holiday I never really cared about, to be honest.  And it definitely was something I wasn't paying attention to until about a week ago during church when they announced our ward Halloween party.  I knew the other Bishopric wives would be dressing up so I felt a little obligation.  Which is fine because it made me do some last minute thinking and shopping (heaven knows I need anything to get me out of the dungeon aka our little basement). I thought finding a couple's costume would be easy. False. It's harder. Maybe because it was last minute and we're on a budget.  So I found two shirts on amazon that went together and we went for the "we put effort into this but not enough to win a costume contest" look.  I decided to make it a little more fun and make it into "dia de los muertos" style.  Sadly, Thomas had his 3 hour LSAT class so I couldn't put make up on him.



If you know me well, you know I suck at life when its comes to the arts. So the thought of doing my own make up was horrifying.  As I started to put the white make up paint on, I had to redo it because I wasn't doing it right.  How did I even get that wrong???? So you can imagine that I started panicking when I actually had to the more detailed part.  Turns out, that was easier. So it's not the best, BUT FOR ME IT WAS THE BIGGEST ACCOMPLISHMENT OF MY YEAR THUS FAR. Besides growing a baby.


Sorry if you can't really see the shirts...mine has a baby, Thomas has burgers and fries. Supes cute, right? The only way I got Thomas to even buy these shirts is promising him that this is his costume for the next 10 years....men I tell ya.


I tried to go for the dead look. No smiling. Also this shirt ended up being HUGE on me because when I ordered it, I thought it was a sweat shirt. Minor detail. But it was too late to return it.  


We got honorable mention in the costume contest which is fine since we're basically disqualified for being in the bishopric.  The party was fun and it was great to see the YSA dress up. Plus we ate lots of chocolate. Win.

Not too bad for last minute, eh?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment