Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Lubbock!

So about 4 months ago I bought a plane ticket to visit my sister Jackie in Lubbock, Texas.  Saying that I am in love with her kids is seriously an understatement.  I facetime them everyday and this past summer, I finally decided to put my hate aside for Texas and go visit her. Jk. They've lived there for over two years but the plane tickets are pretty pricey so it's just been something I've put off but I'm so so glad I finally went! As I was flying in, it was exactly what I imagined it would be.  Brown and flat.  The weather was pretty nice though compared to Utah where it's getting pretty dang cold.  When I arrived to their cute little home, this was waiting on my bed for me:



So cute right? Jackie is always so creative and thoughtful. She was always known as the perfect one in our family.  And this is proof. (side note: lemons may look random, but I have to use them in my water because mucus in my throat is a major problem..sorry TMI)

I spent the week watching the kids, eating Jackie's delicious meals, playing with their new bunny Leo and just spending time with them.  It was low key but so perfect. I really did enjoy every minute.  Here are some more pics:


Family picture with all the kids including Leo. Those faces!



My precious Stela. She's kind of my favorite. She has the sweetest heart.





Lucas and Leo. That smile is going to get him in trouble when he's older.


Jackie and I. We hate this picture but I couldn't NOT post one of us. We're 6 years apart but still super close and I'm so grateful! She definitely took care of me. Love you Jack!


I also got to see one of my companions Hermana Spencer! It was so great to catch up and talk for a few hours.  We forgot to take a picture but it's okay because surprisingly enough we see eachother like every 6 months even though we live far from eachother.  

I'm going to miss Lucas asking me why he can't see my baby yet or Stela constantly pointing at my belly asking if the baby is ok or Sofia constantly making me art pieces. Never would I have thought I'd visit Lubbock, Texas.  Pretty ugly place but the people are pure gold.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment