Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The perks, the wierds and the woe's of pregnancy

So I'm heading into my 26th week of pregnancy which marks 7 months.  Lately the YSA of the ward have been asking me when my due date is and when I tell them they say "so close!!" and in my head I'm screaming "not close enough!!"  Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful to be pregnant and this is a miracle baby due to my diagnosis last year but pregnancy has not been easy for me in any way.  All woman are different and you sort of have expectations of your own but I think maybe mine were too high?? Also there's a lot of things women don't talk about when it comes to pregnancies.  Sure the swollen feet, morning sickness, the waddling, etc. but theres so much more!! Here is my list of the the woe's, the weirds and the perks of MY pregnancy.

I'll start with....

 the WOE'S:

  • Morning sickness and vomiting (though this is a pretty normal symptom, no one in my family had it except me) I literally laid on my couch for 3 months. I barely went out, ate or did my hair/make up. I cringe looking back at the first trimester and my heart goes out to all the women who suffer from morning sickness throughout their entire pregnancy.  
  • Arthritis flare ups.  No, not the normal pregnancy related ones.  I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis when I was 14 years old and I remember them telling me 70% of women who have RA and get pregnant, their symptoms go into remission for those 9 months.  Another expectation set too high because I fell in the 30% where my symptoms are still present. I can't take my injections or any anti-inflammatory pain relievers. It doesn't help that I'm about 50 pounds heavier than I was before pregnancy and hypothyroidism and also my baby is getting bigger which causes more pressure on my joints.  But thankfully, I have a sweet husband who massages me every night.  I also permanently smell like Icy hot. 
  • I miss sleeping comfortably and I have to accept the fact that I won't be for the rest of the year. Bye sleep. Miss you already.
  • I'll also randomly feel super nauseous if I haven't slept well.
the WEIRDS:


  • My hair is so much longer but SO tangly. No matter how many times I brush it, it always ends up as a rat's nest.
  • Stretch marks. I saw my first one on my stomach at week 13 and asked my cousin who was 28 weeks at the time if she had any and she said no.  So I of course freak out and I'm embarrassed by it.  I definitely have a lot more but they are perfectly lined like a tiger. Seriously, they are.  Now I'm more proud of them for being so nice to me. Weird, I know.
  • My digestive system has been awesome.  Constipation is not something I have to worry about. #sorrynotsorry
  • Ever since I started my second trimester, I can't tell if I need to pee. Like I don't feel that sense of urgency anymore.  I'll feel a little off and then think "maybe I need to pee" and then I feel better.
  • I don't like hot cheetos.  Anyone who knows me knows that this is a big deal.  I hated them my first trimester, I finally got to eating some my second trimester but I don't care for them anymore.
  • I cry so much more now. I guess it's pretty common to be hormonal but for me, it's weird.  I cried when I watched dumbo for the first time, cried during elf which I've seen a billion times, I cried when the mash potatoes were gone at Thanksgiving dinner. I legit got so pissed at pizza hut for getting our order wrong that I cursed (not my best moment.) I cried when I randomly remembered that I was so mean to my cousin when we were little and one day in Elementary school, she bought me a big stick popsicle because I didn't have any money to buy one. Like seriously??  This is me: 

  • When we went down to San Diego for Christmas break, we went out to eat Chinese food with my family.  As we were heading out, a random waitress (not even the one who served us) just came up to me and rubbed my belly and said "soo cute!" in her little Chinese accent. I thought WOAH LADY...my family doesn't even rub my belly then I thought, hey she's probably buddhist and wanted to rub my belly for good luck.
the PERKS:

  • I can eat anything and any time I want (including church) without feeling judged. I do this every Sunday and call it "snacks in the back." Thomas loves it too since he eats half my snacks...
  • Maternity clothes are like wearing sweats all day. SO COMFY. I don't want to go back to regular clothes...ugggh.
  • I can now feel Baby P kick! He kicks the most when I watch Star Wars, eat tamales or bagels.  I love that he already has a little personality even inside my belly. I can NEVER get enough of feeling him move.
  • I have already been super blessed with my mom and a couple of my friends who love baby P so much that he's been spoiled with lots of clothes! Baby clothes are just THE CUTEST. I can't get enough!!
  • I don't have diabetes! I call this a win because I was expecting to have it and not be surprised.  But I am so grateful I atleast don't have to deal with that!
  • The ULTIMATE perk: using the "I'm pregnant" excuse for basically anything. I even think Thomas uses it more than I do.  Free pass for anything. #noshame


I keep dreaming about life with baby P.  It's so exciting and a little terrifying for mostly selfish reasons (no sleep, what if he isn't cute??, name choosing is a lot of pressure) but it's been fun to watch him grow.

Can't wait to hold you baby P!!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Just wait till you have him! Then you can blog about all of the things no one ever talked about after baby arrives! Like badder control. (none)
    You think you are emotional now... Just wait for that first week or two . but it's all in joy. A most unexplainable joy.
    I'm so excited and happy for you to get to experience motherhood!!!

    ReplyDelete